For both singer and pianist
In Austrian culture
Performing in concerts
Mastercourse 2019 - 30 June to 5 August
This prestigious international mastercourse on Lied interpretation is unique in the world for its intensity and focus on the relation between poetry and music.
The five-week course encompasses:
- a series of master classes unrivaled in scope with leading interpreters of the classical Lied repertoire: Elly Ameling, Helmut Deutsch, Julius Drake, Robert Holl, Graham Johnson, Wolfram Rieger, Andreas Schmidt, Birgid Steinberger, Roger Vignoles (more...)
- coaching in german and recitation for both singer and pianist by actors and actresses, (more...)
- individual coaching in voice and piano, (more...)
- seminars in literary interpretation, (more...)
- excursions and walks in the landscape that inspired the great composers and poets. (more...)
The high artistic standards and unique structure of the course "Poetry and Performance of the German Lied", together with its peerless guest faculty, explain why this master course has, since its inception in 1978, been widely regarded as the finest of its kind. (more...)
"No other course that I have ever attended was run with such intelligence, sensitivity and intensity. It was a big contribution to my professional and personal life."
2500 Baden bei Wien
mobile phone: +43 - 699 - 12147757
Verena Larsen, Director